Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Discovered My Master In Natural Bodybuilding - Who Could Help Me Build More Muscle

After 10 years of training, studying, and struggling I hired my first personal bodybuilding coach, which was none other than Scott Abel.

I could not have picked a better coach, as Scott just may be the most successful bodybuilding coach of all time... Certainly he is by far the most intellectually capable of any person in the entire industry that I have ever met period. Believe me Scott's intelligence is in the seriously hi IQ zone.

Bill Pearl stated to all the current experts in bodybuilding, guys like Chis Aceto, Tom Deters and the like "that Scott Abel is going to do great things in this sport" and that was back over 10+ years ago.

With Scott?s guidance I learned the final pieces of the bodybuilding puzzle directly from Scott himself and developed a great relationship with him. After my first Nationals in 98 I hung up the trunks as I went into business, learning the ropes in the supplement industry an area that Scott had steered clear of after the whole "Venice Beach" supplement company scenario went sour.

Sure Scott wrote articles for MuscleTech and also for another company "which he currently sells before and after pictures of his clients too" for there endorsement ads but I can tell you from firsthand experience that he doesn't recommend any supplements period to his competitive athletes. I know in the years I trained under him he never told me to take one product. It was all training and diet.

Bodybuilding The Natural Way

Now I wanted to go the Natural Route and I realized that the only way bodybuilding was going to get better was if someone somewhere provided a new way to get big and stay healthy without resorting to drugs.

After competing in my first Nationals in 98 as a na?ve kid from the backwoods of Canada, I was shocked as I witnessed what really goes on in bodybuilding. Believe me I saw where the sport was headed and it wasn't pretty. I decided a different route for myself, which led me to work on every level of the supplement industry.

My first few years in the supplement industry was an eye opener as well and I became fully aware of why Scott was so gun shy to be involved with any of the companies.

(Okay I know I am on a tangent... but it's important to understand the evolution of one's thoughts, goals, visions, and the historical conclusions one arrives at to illustrate my point)

So in 2002 I decided to compete as a vegetarian to first prove the whole meat thing was a myth and that you could build a terrific physique without pharmaceuticals.

I hired Scott again as my advisor to work with me. He was dead against the vegetarian thing and he warned me that many of the guys I was competing against were beating the test.

I told him " it wasn't about winning it was about developing a new possibility for natural athletes". Scott was skeptical but impressed somewhat with my intentions and commitment. Note - he did not let me know about this until years later but getting a compliment from Scott Abel is not the easiest task in the world... LOL

He agreed to help me but he wasn't too sure how successful I was going to be given my choices and the "constraints" I was subjecting myself to.

The Failures Within My Own Success

Over the next two years I managed to win the Western Canadians and the National Championships and represent Canada in the World Championships in 2003, which is certainly one of the highlights of my competitive bodybuilding career.

During 2003 though I paid a heavy price for the constant dieting the 5 competitions in 2 years and the current style of training, dieting, and supplementation. The bottom line was there was no way a natural athlete could train and stay healthy.

After the 2003 Mr. Universe I gained 42 pounds of water and fat in just 11 weeks and I was not able to train during this time. This was perhaps one of the biggest challenges of my career.

I vowed to regain my form for the 2004 Nationals, by doing it my way using a much healthier approach. I competed again but during the 6 months leading up to the competition Scott and I butted heads because of my unwillingness to follow the "traditional bodybuilding" dietary protocols.

This was a challenging time as well because I respect Scott so much but on the other hand he didn't have that much experience with a natural athlete of my caliber, nor one who was a vegetarian etc. My gut instincts told me I needed to forge my own path.

So I managed to get in terrific shape for the 04 Nationals but peaking for the show went sour for the first time ever. The traditional format for peaking did not work with my new diet and I ended up losing the Nationals. Believe me the margin of victory at the top level is extremely small as every body at the top has absolutely fantastic physiques.

This was a crossroads because I had already been working on my system and I had some key nutritional and training strategies that I wanted to test, that the rigors of training would not allow.

The Student Leaves the Master and Discovers?

So with that, I told Scott that I was retiring. As much as I loved competing my heart was not in it because I was getting a whole lot more pleasure out of coaching other Natural bodybuilders and developing my own nutritional products.

Of course I had met Dr. O'Brien and the missing pieces in the supplement picture started to come together and I was gung-ho to give O?Brien?s theories a try in bodybuilding.

So I started furiously testing everything I could for the next 3 years. Training, dieting, etc.

I teamed up with my good friend and kinesiologist Matt Gallant and we built Freaky Big Naturally. We went on to develop the principles behind the Endless Growth programs as well as illustrating the mechanics of exercise in the Elite Exercise Performance guide.

We then went on to develop some of the most powerful supplements in the world using the principles discovered by the premier doctors in the world of health and nutrition.

MassZymes, hemp protein, and soon to come our own probiotics formula are all products of that amazing journey.

We also found out how to make healthy gourmet raw food that makes getting bigger stronger and more ripped a pleasure as opposed to a chore.

We also combined and tested all the training integrations and came up with the Mastery Training Courses..., which are broken into three distinct styles.... Power, Size, and Endurance.

I also found a way to illustrate how to build, combine, and manipulate your training to produce any result that you want. In other words I illustrate how I think, and how to design your own personalized programs geared specifically for your goals and your genetics.

I Return to Seek Out My Old Master

Which brings me back to the story with Scott.

Scott and I have the deepest respect for each other. We talk regularly and we routinely trade information on training, diets, supplements and the state of bodybuilding today.

The fact is we have become peers contributing to the sport that we love and have moved way beyond the coach client relationship. Several of the athletes who came to him with severe metabolic damage have been successfully treated using new training protocols and my enzyme product.

Keep in mind my enzyme products never would have been developed if I had stayed with Scott. Nor would have hemp protein become so popular as the ultimate protein supplement and finally the probiotics formulation I recently developed would have never have come to be.

The reason all this happened is because I broke out, trusted my instincts, and went down the path that my heart followed. I refused the drugs, I didn't accept the normal "bodybuilding ways" and I went deep into extremely advanced super nutrition with some of the greatest doctors the world has ever seen and brought that back to the bodybuilding world.

That's what every great student eventually needs to do... break away from the master and become a master themselves. This is what leads to the evolution of the planet. It is also the creative spirit that needs to be injected into this sport instead of a bigger syringe of juice.

Scott has been overjoyed with my recent discoveries and it's also led him down a different path to some new breakthroughs himself. Now together we are both better off, and so is the sport and we are not stopping.

Wade McNutt is a Natural National Bodybuilding Champion and an IFBB Mr. Universe World Champion. He combined the secrets of Eastern Yoga Masters with, scientific, muscle building to produce a revolutionary new health system, called Freaky Big Naturally, find out more at http://www.freakybignatural.com

Labels: , , , , , ,